home about faq contact Image Map

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Problematic skin? Vichy normaderm review



If you've been a follower of my blog for a while now, you might know that I've suffered quite badly with my skin. I'm 22, I have oily skin & enlarged pores which leads to them getting clogged which then creates blemishes &/or blackheads. Brilliant combination, right? Well, at least I'll have less wrinkles when I'm older I suppose! My skin has improved massively in the past year, I've had microdermabrasion treatments to help with scarring & have learnt that using gentle cleansers on oil skin is your best bet, anything targeted for acne prone skin just strips the oils which in turn seems to worsen my skin.

So when I was contacted to try out the new Vichy normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care & I'd read a little about it I was very interested to try it out. Microdermabrasion helps smooth out my skin & get rid of blackheads, but unless this is kept up the smoothness disappears. This is why I'm really impressed with this product, when I use it my skin is so supple & soft I can totally tell the difference if I stop using it for a couple of days.

Basically
the product is an emollient that helps to perfect yout skin with its unique Hydra Peeling technology. There are three peeling ingredients in the gel: salicyclic acid, glycolic acid & LHA. So while it moistuises your skin it also helps fight impurities with salicylic acid, neutralises bacteria on the skin with glycolic acid & gives an exfoliation with the LHA. It's the LHA that seems to help the smoothness of the skin as it helps "gently micro-exfoliate the surface of the skin for a smoother surface and uniform complexion." Pretty good & perfect for skin types like me.

I can definitely feel the 'peel' of my skin with this product & that is why I only use it at night. It does give a lovely radiant but matte finish to the skin when applied which would be great for a base to apply makeup to, but with the peeling I prefer to use this as night time moisturiser & use my MAC oil control lotion during the day.

If you want to read more about this product click here.

I know a lot of people have reviewed this product & you can get tired of seeing the same things or wondering who's actually telling the truth about them but I pride myself in giving honest opinions on products. If I don't like a product, I either don't review it or voice my opinion, it's as simple as that. I've been using this product for two weeks now & could have given a review within the first couple of days, but I like to give products a good run & test them properly. I would definitely buy this again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds really good! It sounds like your skin is similar to mine.
Would love to try this. Do you know how much it is? xx

Marisa said...

I think Vichy and Uriage has the best products for oily skin (:
Thanks for the review (:

Bex said...

Sounds like your skin is similar to mine, I'm 21 and am now so bored for teenage acne! I'll give this a go, thanks for the recommendation!

http://betweenmargins.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I use this too and fell the same way about it....My skin breaks out just looking at 99% of moisturisers...but i love the feeling of applying them. The ones usually for oily/acne skin are often watery and unsatisfiying. This is thick and creamy and everything about made me think i would break out...but i didnt...my skin has cleared up so much.. red cheeks gone...pores smaller...skin smoother and softer..tiny bumps under my skin are gone..and the price is afordable. x